Friday, March 15, 2013

Northern California Coast Trip - Day 7 (Monterey & Big Sur)

Today was a photographer's dream!  Oh my gorgeousness everywhere!  I'm glad my family doesn't mind indulging me as I stop, and stop, and stop to take picture after picture after picture.  It's amazing to me all the colors in the water and all the beautiful rock formations - it makes for some really breathtaking coastline!  We started in Monterey near the aquarium and walked a couple of miles around the point to Pacific Grove and the lighthouse there...













After our walk we hopped in the car to drive world renown "17 Mile Drive".  There are world famous golf courses along this drive and countless, huge, gorgeous, mansions overlooking the ocean.


The famous Lone Cypress Tree at Pebble Beach...



At the end of 17-Mile-Drive we went to Carmel-by-the-Sea, a beautiful little seaside town.  From there we drove a little bit south to Big Sur.  There were so many beautiful little coves with fun trails for walking and the water took my breath away it was so beautiful!  The next 3 pictures are of China Cove...



After China Cove we went to Gibson Beach (next 5 pictures)...





From Gibson Beach we just kept driving south along the PCH through more of Big Sur...





No comments: