Monday, April 16, 2012

Ducks in our pool!

I glanced outside today just as two ducks flew into our pool and started paddling around.  I grabbed Colton and Kyle and we went outside to see them.  Kyle grabbed a bag of bread and they started feeding the ducks.
Later I decided feeding them was probably not the best idea.  They came back the next day, and the next, and the next - leaving presents for us both in the pool and on the edge of the pool.


One night my neighbor called telling me they were back.  I went outside, but it was pitch black and I couldn't really see anything.  I didn't hear anything either so I figured they were gone.  Just as I was getting ready to leave and go back out the gate to the pool, I realized our golden retriever, Abbey, had followed me in (she never does that because she knows she's not allowed in the pool).  She didn't bark, but ran as hard as she could to the side of the pool and then did a great big leap into the deep end.  I couldn't see her, but I heard a giant flutter of wings and a whole lot of loud quacking as I then saw the ducks fly straight over my head in their hurry to get away.  Ha!  They came back one more time during the day.  I just opened the gate and told Abbey to go.  She did.  They haven't been back since.


I think we'll save our bread for the ducks at the local pond.

No comments: