Sunday, August 21, 2011

scripture POWER

This picture pulls at my heartstrings - first because of guilt, and the other because of pride.  The guilt comes from the fact that I told Kyle to wait in bed for me (I don't remember what I was in the middle of) and I would come up and read him a story and listen to his prayers before he went to sleep (our nightly routine).  It took a little longer than I planned to finish whatever it was I was doing and by the time I got to his room this was how I found him.  This little boy crashes within a few minutes of his head hitting the pillow.  He plays hard and then is out like a light when he crawls into bed.  I wished I had been quicker to get to his room.  I hate disappointing my kids.


The pride came from seeing what he had chose to do while waiting for me.  The book he fell asleep reading is a child's illustrated adaptation of The Book of Mormon.  He was reading his scriptures.  He loves reading the scriptures.  He loves hearing all the stories.  I am so proud of the person he is becoming!  I know how much he loves his Heavenly Father and strives to do what is right...
I made a promise to myself to be better at getting in to Kyle quicker when he is going to bed.  I've been doing pretty good!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Very...Very...SWEET!!! I am so proud to call you my daughter. Our children are little for such a short time & suddenly when we look away just for a second they are all grown up & have children of their own. Wow!!!